Nursing Peer Review: Improve Nursing Performance and Patient Outcomes
WEBCAST ON CD OR ON-DEMAND
Presented on Thursday, January 13, 2010
Peer-to-peer strategies to promote nursing professionalism.
This program offers more than 13 bonus tools!
This 90-minute program will offer strategies to implement and maintain all forms of nursing peer review, from formal incident-based to informal, mentoring, and coaching. Expert speakers will offer lessons learned from the floor and discuss how peer review and peer coaching has made a positive impact on patient outcomes and employee satisfaction.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of peer review in promoting professionalism, accountability, and autonomy
- Define the differences between informal and formal peer review programs
- Identify strategies to promote staff engagement in both informal and formal peer review processes
- Describe successful hardwiring techniques to promote enculturation
- Discuss how to apply best practices and tools to build and enhance a peer review program for your facility
Take a look at the agenda
- How peer review promotes professionalism, accountability, and autonomy
- Regulatory considerations
- How peer review relates to the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®
- Informal/integrated peer review
- Process flow for nursing peer review
- Interview panels and orientation
- Quality improvement
- Performance appraisals
- Peer competency assessment
- Incident-based peer review
- Key implementation elements
- Re-educating staff
- Scoring and rating form
- Peer mentoring
- Formalizing peer review structures
- Case studies: The impact of peer review on quality improvement, patient outcomes, and staff satisfaction
- Examples from Fox Chase Cancer Center and Medical Center of Central Georgia
- Benefits and challenges of peer review
- Live question & answer session
Bonus Tools Included in your Materials Packet:
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this Webcast, you’ll also receive these 13 bonus tools provided within your materials packet:
- Sample peer review charter
- Sample peer review case rating form
- Sample peer review letters
- Sample nursing peer review confidentiality statement
- Sample nursing peer review committee policy statement
- Sample peer review forms for performance appraisal
- Sample staff interviewing tools
- Sample job description peer review statements
- Sample competency tools and orientation tools completed by peers
- Excerpt from nursing clinical ladder tool completed by peers
- Sample QI tools completed by peers
- Informal peer review process flow
- Example of feedback tool for rapid response team
These materials will be provided prior to the program date via e-mail with PDF links. Please download the PDF files before the day of the program.
Meet the Speakers:
Anne Jadwin, RN, MSN, AOCN, NE-BC, is the assistant vice president of nursing services at Fox Chase Cancer in Philadelphia. Her facility has a well established formal incident based peer review system and practices many forms of peer-to-peer coaching.
Meryl Montgomery, RN, MSN, is the nursing quality improvement (QI) coordinator and ANCC Magnet Recognition Program® director for Medical Center of Central Georgia in Macon. She has extensive experience in developing and monitoring peer review systems, regulatory compliance, shared governance, competency, and QI.
Who Should Listen?
Chief nursing officers, directors of nursing, VPs of nursing, VPs of patient care services, directors of education, staff development specialists, ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®* coordinators/directors, clinical nurse specialists, nurse managers and clinical managers, patient educators, quality directors, and staff nurses.
Product Types :
SOURCE CODE: EHCM