Service Line Strategies Workshop: Back and Spine Care
Webcast on CD or On-Demand
Presented on December 14, 2010
Sponsored by HealthLeaders Media Council
Are Your Back and Spine Service Lines Aligned for Success?
Successful spine and back care service lines require a foundation rooted in market knowledge, organizational commitment, and physician alignment, as well as the fluidity to adapt to ever-changing conditions, including reimbursement changes, technological advances, and a growing patient preference for non-surgical options. Is your back/spine service line as strongly positioned for success as it could be?
Join HealthLeaders Media for this 90-minute Webcast, including Q&A, to learn from leaders from diverse spine and back care programs: the North Side of Chicago's largest independent teaching hospital and a rural Arkansas hospital with a majority Medicare population.
With this Webcast, you will gain strategies to:
- Plan for the future of preventive, non-invasive back and spine care, including such alternative therapies as pain management, interventional radiology, and various exercise and massage programs
- Engage your physicians with integrated back and spine offerings
- Prepare for the future of reimbursement, including episodes of care, bundled payments, and zero-readmission-rate requirements
- Create an aligned, non-fragmented system for physicians, outcomes, and reimbursements
- Manage referral patterns, build market share, and boost consumer knowledge and awareness of your back/spine program
- Back and spine care as a changing service line: The 2- to 3-year outlook
- Developing the care continuum for better quality and planning for future payment possibilities
- Engaging physicians in back and spine care strategies
- Managing technology for minimally invasive care
- Managing referral patterns and building market share
- Exploring different clinical approaches to spine care—ortho and neuro
- Examining alternative therapies, including pain management techniques and various exercise and massage programs
- Measuring and responding to patient and physician satisfaction indicators
- Live Q&A
Mike Beam, Director, Human Motion Institute at Baxter Regional Medical Center, Mountain Home, AR
Beam joined Baxter Regional Medical Center as the marketing director for BRMC Home Health and Hospice of the Ozarks in June 2008. He became director of BRMC's Human Motion Institute in May 2009. Beam was previously an operations coordinator for Nortel Networks in Brampton, ON, Canada. After leaving Nortel Networks in 2002, he established OneSource Communications, a telecommunications firm, before joining BRMC.
Beam has more than 14 years of project management experience and is committed to BRMC's vision for exceptional healthcare within the communities it serves. He currently is pursuing his MBA and will be joining the American College of Healthcare Executives in 2011.
Mark Newton, President and Chief Executive Officer of Swedish Covenant Hospital, Chicago, IL
Under Newton's leadership, Swedish Covenant Hospital has become the largest independent teaching hospital on Chicago's North Side with a reputation of technological and service excellence, compassionate care, and commitment to creating a healing environment.
Newton is board certified in Healthcare Management and is a fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives. He is active in professional and community organizations, including the Chicago Hospital Risk Pooling Program and the advisory board at North Park University School of Business, Chicago. He is a past board member of the Illinois Hospital Association.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Service line managers, medical directors, department leaders, CEOs, COOs, CFOs, physicians, administrators, and healthcare executives in marketing, planning, and business development
NEW PURCHASE OPTION—WEBCAST ON-DEMAND
In addition to the regular CD purchase option for HealthLeaders Media Webcasts, we are pleased to offer a new option: Webcast on-demand. When you purchase a Webcast on-demand you will be able to view the program anywhere and anytime by logging into your account on www.HealthLeadersMedia.com. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :