The Power of Primary Care in an Era of Change
Webcast on CD or On-Demand
Presented on January 25, 2011
Sponsored by HealthLeaders Media Council
Primary Care for Better Outcomes, Value, and Coordination
The government is pushing for healthcare providers to assume more responsibility for managing the care continuum, which means primary care has never been more important to the system of care. Given the shortage of primary care physicians and the increasingly competitive physician market, you need both proven best-practice strategies and innovative new ideas to recruit, retain, and align your primary care physicians.
Join HealthLeaders Media for this 90-minute Webcast, including Q&A, to learn how to develop primary care networks that improve outcomes and care coordination for your community.
With this webcast, you will gain strategies to:
• Understand how the role of primary care is changing and its impact on care delivery
• Align with physicians for care coordination vs. care provision
• Determine whether physician employment is right for your organization
• Stand out with your physician recruitment and retention as the competition gets tougher
• Evaluate the cultural capability of your organization
- The evolving role of primary care physicians
- The change to care coordination vs. care provision
- New practice models that require more accountability, such as medical home and ACOs
- Using mid-levels, e-visits, and other approaches
- Best practices in recruitment and retention
- Loan payments and income guarantee structures
- Innovative techniques
- Targeting an earlier timeline
- Personal recruiting vs. traditional marketing methods
- The continual pursuit of quality, efficient patient care
- Engaging physicians in leadership and influential roles
- Spouse and family integration, community engagement
- Best practices in developing ongoing alignment
- Alternate alignment strategies: employed, independent, other
- Cultural capability and integrating physicians into health systems
- Working effectively with independents
- Management of the care continuum
- Live Q&A
W. Curt Dandridge, Jr., MD, MBA, FACS, Senior Vice President of Medical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer at St. John's Regional Medical Center, Joplin, MO
Dandridge is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and serves on the Board of Governors for the College. He has been in practice for 34 years and has been chief of staff of his hospital. In addition, he is a member of the American College of Physician Executives, fellow of the American Institute for Healthcare Quality, diplomat of the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, and is a certified physician executive. He has served on the Board of Directors of the St. John’s Physicians Clinic and been president of the St. John’s Health First Managed Care Board of Directors.
Craig E. Holm, FACHE, Senior Vice President, Health Strategies & Solutions, Philadelphia, PA
Holm directs Health Strategies & Solutions’ physician-hospital integration and physician practice consulting services. He has more than 30 years of health care administration and consulting experience and is an expert in primary care strategy development, medical staff planning, physician-hospital relationships, and ambulatory care planning. Holm is a frequent speaker for national and state health care associations and societies. He has authored two books on the topic of physician-hospital alignment, as well as several articles for leading health care journals and publications.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Chief medical officers, chief executive officers, chief nursing officers, chief operations officers, VPs for business development and planning, clinic managers, physician advisors, physician champions, primary care physicians, those responsible for recruiting physicians, service line directors, administrators, quality directors, physician relation managers
New Purchase Option––WEBCAST ON–DEMAND
In addition to the regular CD purchase option for HealthLeaders Media Webcasts, we are pleased to offer a new option: Webcast on–demand. When you purchase a Webcast on–demand you will be able to view the program anywhere and anytime by logging into your account on www.HealthLeadersMedia.com. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :