The 2011 CDI Pocket Guide
This 200+ page pocket manual helps CDI and coding professionals focus on the most common high-volume, high-yield opportunities to improve clinical documentation, coding, and DRG assignment. The 2011 CDI Pocket Guide helps you take clinical findings and dig deeper, and look for additional details—such as medications and other conditions—to develop the most accurate picture of the patient's condition.
Authors Dr. Richard Pinson and Cynthia Tang draw on more than fifty years’ cumulative experience and provide the clinical coding authority to strengthen patient care quality and resource utilization, and improve compliance and reimbursement.
- Time saving quick and easy reference to DRGs and diagnoses at your finger tips means you don't have to stop to do an internet search
- Durable, portable, designed to be carried on the floor
- Updated with latest coding guidelines and relative weights so you don’t report inaccurate codes
- Clinical indicators help you identify documentation opportunities and formulate an appropriate query to the physician
Topics covered include:
- Focus DRGs: A list of more than 50 DRGs, which have a high likelihood of another principal diagnosis, CC/MCC, or procedure. Also includes quality and resource management indicators that provide tips for better patient care and resource management, as well as RAC alerts.
- MCC/CC List: Commonly missed MCCs, CCs, and the clinical indicators to help identify them in the record.
- Coding Guidelines: Guidance to select the correct principal diagnosis based on the definition of the principal diagnosis or sequencing of coequal or interrelated diagnoses according to the Official ICD-9-CM Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
- Key References: Comprehensive clinical and coding information regarding 18 important diagnoses such as acute renal failure, pneumonia, and sepsis.
- MS-DRG Table: A list of the current 747 DRGs and their relative weights for quick reference.
Buy copies for your entire CDI team
Earn special discounts when you buy multiple copies of The 2011 CDI Pocket Guide. Be sure every member of your team has this valuable guide. Call 800/650-6787 to learn more.
Product Types :