Ratchet Up Physician Referrals: Proven Methods & Measures
Webcast On CD or On-Demand
Presented on May 18, 2011
Sponsored by HealthLeaders magazine
Leverage your physician relationships to score referrals
At the heart of successful physician referral programs are relationships that result in buy-in, engagement, and alignment. How do you build those? And, how do you use data to prove your program’s success to the C-suite?
Join HealthLeaders Media for this 90-minute Webcast, including Q&A and case studies, for lessons and insights from marketing leaders with successful referral programs.
With this Webcast, you will gain insights to:
- Physician referrals: Resources and results
- Case study: Scott & White Healthcare
- 20% referral increase with physician relations program
- Issue-resolution system: 94% response rate, within timeframe expectations, to physician requests
- Case study: Progress West HealthCare Center & Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital
- Outpatient imaging visits in a highly competitive market
- Service solutions
- Models and methods for metrics
- Teams and tools
- How to structure physician outreach
- Community and specialty based vs. geographic-based
- Using CRM tools
- Developing a working structure for the team (subspecialty & regional-based care)
- Best practices for marketing team collaboration
- Focus methodology (measuring & targeting by payers, loyalty, geography, etc.)
- Improve internal integration & alignment
- Building a clinical growth mindset
- Building a "just say yes" attitude (make it easy to do business with you)
- Messaging to the team
- Leadership alignment: Physician messaging/engagement
- Prove value internally
- Accountability & planning
- Addressing challenges for buy-in/growth mindset
- How to capture and measure data
- Innovations and future opportunities
- Dig deep, assess often
- Beyond growing service lines, role expansion
- Active engagement in other businesses
- Cross selling
- Live Q&A
Brian Borchardt, MBA, Director of Physician Relations, Scott & White Healthcare, Temple, TX
In his 13-year career in healthcare, Borchardt has led a variety of functions, including business development, marketing, and fundraising, as well as creating two physician relations departments. He currently serves on the board of directors for the American Association of Physician Liaisons.
Barbara McLaurine, Manager, Marketing & Physician Services, Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital and Progress West HealthCare Center (BJC Healthcare)
McLaurine oversees the overall business development activities for BJC’s St. Charles County hospitals. She opened Progress West, BJC’s first greenfield hospital, in 2007 and was named physician services manager for Barnes-Jewish St. Peters in 2010. Both hospitals enjoy top patient, employee, and physician satisfaction scores. McLaurine’s background includes sales, marketing, operations management, and corporate communications at two for-profit healthcare organizations.
Kriss Barlow, RN, MBA, Principal, Barlow/McCarthy
Barlow/McCarthy is a consulting group focused on hospital- physician solutions. Barlow’s entire professional career has been in healthcare. For the last 15 years, she's had the opportunity to use her knowledge from clinical and business development to support clients in physician relations--retention and sales, physician recruitment, and medical staff development. Her passion is growth strategy and working with teams to enhance medical staff relationships and referrals.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Chief marketing officers, strategic directors, advertising and PR directors, agencies, consultants, marketing directors, vice presidents of marketing, communications managers, service line administrators/leaders, public relations professionals, planning and business development leaders, physician relations directors, strategic planners, planning and decision support staff, group practice administrators
New Purchase Option––WEBCAST ON–DEMAND
In addition to the regular CD purchase option for HealthLeaders Media Webcasts, we are pleased to offer a new option: Webcast on–demand. When you purchase a Webcast on–demand you will be able to view the program anywhere and anytime by logging into your account on www.HealthLeadersMedia.com. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :