Beyond Medicare Shared Savings: Effective ACO & Clinical Integration Strategies
Webcast On CD or On-Demand
Presented on June 7, 2011
Sponsored by HealthLeaders Media Council
Alternative ACO Strategies
Go beyond the ACO regs furor to uncover commercial and Medicare alternatives for your ACO strategy. Taking the time to evaluate your opportunities and position yourself appropriately will pay off for the next generation of clinical integration.
On May 19, CMS requested proposals for participation in a new shared savings program, the Pioneer Program. This webcast will help you understand the advantages of this new CMS Pioneer shared savings program when compared to the Medicare Shared Savings/ACO program. Who will successful Pioneer applicants be? How can it complement your commercial shared savings strategies?
Join HealthLeaders Media for this 90-minute Webcast, including Q&A, for a deep dive with leading experts savvy on the legal and business operation of ACOs in commercial markets and CMS programs other than Medicare Shared Savings (MSSP).
With this webcast, you will gain insight and strategies to:
- Analyze the business implications and challenges of the MSSP and whether it is suitable for your organization
- Explore alternatives to MSSP, including risks and benefits
- Cultivate a clinical integration strategy
- Develop thought leadership for long-term planning
- Beyond the ACO regs: Alternative business approaches to the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP)
- Lessons learned from Physician Group Practices (PGP)
- Understand the advantages of the new CMS Pioneer shared savings program
- Who will be successful Pioneer applicants
- How it can complement your commercial shared savings strategies
- Alternative strategies to MSSP
- Clinical integration: Risk relationships & clinically integrated networks
- Bundling payments
- Value-based purchasing
- Medical homes
- Regulatory implications & business challenges
- Your next steps: Future perspective of ACOs
- Investigate value-based purchasing (inpatient & re-admissions)
- Clinical integration: What it means & best approaches
- Develop infrastructure and contracts
- Putting into practice with your team
Nathan Kaufman, Managing Director and Founder, Kaufman Strategic Advisors, San Diego, CA
Kaufman has more than 30 years of experience and is a nationally renowned expert in the areas of peak performing hospitals and physician groups, hospital strategy, physician compensation, integrated delivery systems, managed care, joint ventures, and dispute resolution and has been called upon as an expert witness in healthcare arbitration cases. Throughout his career, he has held executive positions in a wide range of healthcare companies, including president and chief operating officer of an imaging center company.
Mark Lutes, Senior Member, Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
Lutes has practiced with the firm for 27 years and previously was a legislative adviser to the Federal Trade Commission. He also offers strategic counsel in health policy and on reimbursement strategy through the firm's affiliates National Health Advisors, LLC and EBG Advisors, Inc. Lutes is a leader in the firm's representation of private equity and financial services firms with healthcare companies in their portfolios. He has managed the defense of high-profile healthcare antitrust actions by the FTC. Lutes also has decades of experience in managed care operational and regulatory issues. He is consulted by a variety of providers and payers in structuring innovative product and payment arrangements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
CFOs, COOs, CEOs, CNOs, chief medical officers, administrators, healthcare consultants, healthcare attorneys
New Purchase Option––WEBCAST ON–DEMAND
In addition to the regular CD purchase option for HealthLeaders Media Webcasts, we are pleased to offer a new option: Webcast on–demand. When you purchase a Webcast on–demand you will be able to view the program anywhere and anytime by logging into your account on www.HealthLeadersMedia.com. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :