On-Call Compensation: Data-Driven Solutions
WEBCAST ON CD OR ON-DEMAND
Sponsored by: HealthLeaders Magazine
Presented on December 6, 2011
The financial, political, and emotional complexities of paying for call coverage can be enough to bring physicians and administrators alike to their knees. By engaging physicians in a data-driven approach to payment, hospitals can develop a workable solution to the call coverage conundrum that is sustainable for the long term.
HealthLeaders Media presents a 90-minute webcast, including Q&A, featuring compensation experts from Children's Hospital of Orange County and ECG Management Consultants, Inc. with strategies for affordable, sustainable call compensation.
With this webcast, you will learn about strategies to:
- Develop a call coverage stipend program that is reflective of call coverage burden and market benchmarks
- Apply a variety of call coverage payment models, depending on your specific market circumstances
- Engage your physicians in the development of a comprehensive and sustainable call coverage payment program
- Reduce the emotions inherent in working with physicians on this issue
- Account for call coverage burden in employed physician arrangements
- Pay for Call Trends
- Payment trends
- Key issues for administration
- The impact of employed physicians
- Developing a Data-Driven Approach to Paying for Call
- Engaging physicians in positive ways
- Keys to data collection
- Common payment models and implications
- Case study: A look at on-call compensation at Children's Hospital of Orange County
- Metrics for success
- Physician relations
- Ability to withstand volume increases
- Complaints from ED and referring physicians
- Setting Up for Long-Term Success
- Compliance Concerns
- Fair market value
- OIG guidance
- Prospects for the Future
Debra Mathias, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Children's Hospital of Orange County
Mathias is responsible for the overall operations of the pediatric healthcare system, including all inpatient, outpatient, and off-site services. She is the key executive leading CHOC’s leadership transformation program that links CHOC’s quality, costs, and performance outcomes. In addition, she is responsible for delivering integrated high-quality clinical programs and services in a cost-effective manner. Mathias led the effort that resulted in CHOC receiving both a bronze and silver CAPE award, the only children’s hospital in California to do so.
Len Henzke, Principal, ECG Management Consultants, Inc.
In his 13 years as a healthcare consultant, Henzke’s experience has emphasized hospital/physician alignment, financial analysis, business development, and physician compensation planning. He has worked with dozens of hospitals across the country to engage physicians and administrators in the development of call coverage compensation plans that are reflective of both market considerations and the overall burden of call. He also frequently is called upon by legal counsel to develop fair market value assessments to ensure that such arrangements are compliant with all applicable regulations. Prior to ECG Management Consultants, Inc., Henzke worked as a legislative aide for healthcare issues in the U.S. Senate.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
CFOs, COOs, CEOs, CMOs, physicians, compensation managers, corporate counsel, board members, compensation committee members, physician recruiters, financial directors, practice administrators and managers, medical staff directors
New Purchase Option––WEBCAST ON–DEMAND
In addition to the regular CD purchase option for HealthLeaders Media Webcasts, we are pleased to offer a new option: Webcast on–demand. When you purchase a Webcast on–demand you will be able to view the program anywhere and anytime by logging into your account on www.HealthLeadersMedia.com. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :