2012 OPPS Final Rule: Analyze the Impact and Manage the Changes
AUDIO CONFERENCE ON CD OR ON-DEMANDSponsored by Briefings on APCs
Presented on December 8, 2011
Learn what CMS finalized for OPPS in 2012
The changes will affect your hospital. Listen with your team and find out what you need to do to prepare..
You need to get ready for the 2012 OPPS Rule. HCPro's 9th Annual OPPS Program is your best bet to understand:
- What proposed changes will affect providers the most if accepted as final for 2012
- Which areas are most likely to change from a coding, billing, operational, and financial perspective and what providers can do now to prepare
- How to shape the future direction of OPPS by providing comment to CMS on the proposed rule and have an impact on the final rule
Expert speakers Jugna Shah, MPH, and Valerie A. Rinkle, MPA, return for this popular program. They review the final rule, analyze it, and be ready with a comprehensive program to get you ready to manage the changes for 2012 OPPS. When you understand where CMS is headed in 2012, you'll be in a position to plan your own internal education and process changes.
- New payment adjustment for the 11 designated cancer centers
- Drug payment changes
- Drug packaging threshold
- Separately payable drug reimbursement calculation
- APCs for abdominal and pelvic CTs
- Physician supervision changes
- Enforcement delay for CAHs and small rural hospitals
- Finalization of panel for supervision level reviews
- Areas of potential operational impact
- Drug admin
- inpatient only list
- Device related procedure APCs
- APC payment changes
- CMS emphasis on proper charging and coding of services
- Highlights from other major rules
- Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
- Conditions of Participation
- Clinical Lab Fee Schedule
As always, a question and answer session follows the presentation.
Jugna Shah, MPH, is the president of Nimitt Consulting Inc. in Washington, DC. She has extensive experience helping providers understand and address the clinical and financial implications of APCs, facilitating APC task force meetings, strategic planning sessions, financial impact analyses discussions, and managing APC implementation and assessment projects. She is a contributing editor of HCPro's Briefings on APCs.
Valerie A. Rinkle, MPA, is revenue integrity director for Asante Health System in Medford, OR. She has more than 20 years of healthcare reimbursement experience including 11 years in nationwide consulting to hospitals and physicians regarding Medicare and Medicaid payment systems and compliance. She is the author of numerous articles on OPPS and hospital-based clinics.
AAPC: This program has prior approval of AAPC for 1.5 Continuing Education Units. Granting of this approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program, content or the program sponsor.
AHIMA: This program has been approved for 1.0 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CCDS: This program has been approved for 1.5 continuing education units towards fulfilling the requirements of the Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) certification, offered as a service of the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS).
Please note the expiration date for this audio is 12/8/12.
BONUS MATERIAL INCLUDED IN YOUR MATERIAL PACKET!
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this audio conference, you'll also receive a slide presentation of the program materials.
GATHER YOUR TEAM AND LISTEN TO THIS IMPORTANT AUDIO CONFERENCE
- HIM managers
- Coding supervisors
- Outpatient coders
- APC coordinators
- Chargemaster coordinators
- Revenue cycle coordinators
- Compliance officers
In addition to the regular participation options for HCPro audio conferences—live, CD, or combination packages—we are pleased to offer an audio on-demand, which allows you to download the program and play it back at your convenience through your computer or MP3 player. Purchase an CD or audio on-demand or CD of the program and listen when you can. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :
SOURCE CODE: EHCPR