Value Based Purchasing
Improve Documentation Strategies for Accurate Reimbursement
AUDIO CONFERENCE ON CD OR ON-DEMAND
Sponsored by ACDIS
Presented on November 8, 2011
CMS is collecting data now to establish Value Based Purchasing (VBP) benchmarks on 12 patient care measures. Starting October 2012, CMS will reimburse facilities for the quality of care they supply based on a complicated equation that assesses their performance against those benchmarks.
If your coded data and medical record documentation are not as accurate as possible now, it could skew your facility’s baseline on those measures and ultimately impact reimbursement.
During this 90-minute audio conference, our speakers examine the VBP final rule, outline its parameters, review the reimbursement metrics, and describe strategies to target VBP initiatives in CDI and case management.At the end of the program you will be able to:
- Identify the essential components of the CMS VBP program
- Determine the importance of clinical documentation improvement (CDI) efforts regarding medical record accuracy under VBP
- Evaluate the impact of physician documentation and coding accuracy on appropriate risk adjustment
- Explain the relationship between MS-DRG accuracy and VBP
- Value Based Purchasing (VBP) final rule facts and figures
- Origins in health care reform
- 12 measures of clinical process indicators
- 8 patient experience measurements (HCAHPS)
- Implementation and benchmark timelines
- Scoring methodology and impact on payment
- Achievement threshold
- Benchmark threshold
- Scoring examples
- Effect of risk adjustment for FY2014 outcomes measures and efficiency measure for Medicare spending per beneficiary ratio
- Readmission reduction program
- Risk-adjusted measures
- Strategies for VBP Initiatives
- CDI, case management, and core measure involvement
- Examples of risk adjusted measures including acute MI, heart failure, and pneumonia
- A question and answer session follows the presentation.
In addition to the expertise and advice presented during this audio conference, you'll also receive a slide presentation of the program materials plus the following bonus items:
- Posters (Hospital-Acquired Conditions and Get Credit for Severity of Illness)
- Physician query form for pneumonia
- Physician query form for present on admission
- List of diagnostic categories for CMS severity adjustment
- Concurrent query form for process measures
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Deborah K. Hale, CCS, CCDS, is president of Administrative Consultant Service, LLC, in Shawnee, OK. She has more than 30 years of experience in health care management including administration, health information management, clinical documentation improvement, resource outcome management and utilization review. She is the author of Observation Status: A Complete Guide to Compliant Level of Care Determinations, from HCPro.Susan Wallace, MEd, RHIA, CCS, CCDS, is the director of inpatient compliance reviews at Administrative Consultant Service, LLC in Shawnee, OK She provides consultation in HIM, CDI, MS-DRG and APR-DRG management, ICD-9-CM coding, and helps facilities prepare for ICD-10. She has more than 30 experience in the field.
AHIMA: This program has been approved for 1.0 continuing education unit for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
CCDS: This program has been approved for 1.5 continuing education units towards fulfilling the requirements of the Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) certification, offered as a service of the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS).
Please note the expiration date for this audio is 11/8/12.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
CDI specialists, case managers, hospital coders, reimbursement specialists, CNOs, physician advisors, and quality improvement professionals.
Physicians, hospital department managers, administrators, and compliance officers may also find the program to be of interest.
Purchase a CD or an audio on–demand of the audio conference and listen when you can. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :
SOURCE CODE: EHCM