The Joint Commission Survey Coordinator's Handbook, 13th Edition
Your all-in-one resource for Joint Commission standards compliance and survey preparation
Packed with expert advice, best practices, and sample tools and tracers, this book saves you from having to research and manage Joint Commission accreditation activities on your own.
Now in its 13th edition, this fully updated book, written by two of the country’s most respected accreditation specialists actively working in hospitals now, Jodi L. Eisenberg, MHA, CPHQ, CPMSM, CSHA, and Jean S. Clark, RHIA, CSHA, features everything a new survey coordinator needs to begin their role as well as updating veteran accreditation specialists on the latest Joint Commission changes. They share their first-hand experience in interpreting standards and preparing facilities for Joint Commission survey.
Would you like to receive The Joint Commission Survey Coordinator's Handbook for FREE? Join the Association for Healthcare Accreditation Professionals (AHAP)! (Scroll down for details)
- Track specific standard changes in 2011
- Prepare yourself and staff for survey day and respond to Requirements for Improvement (RFI)
- Translate the technical aspect of the life safety code requirements into practical terms for yourself and fellow non-engineers
- Build better communication with leadership about Joint Commission requirements
- Insider perspective: This year’s handbook is written by two actual accreditation professionals with decades of hand on experience as survey coordinators
- Latest tracer changes: With The Joint Commission beginning it’s look at next generation tracers the Handbook will help you update your existing tracer methodology
- Telemedicine update: Find out how this year’s telemedicine changes affect the standards and your own policies
- Joint Commission standards and CMS: As these two organizations continue to become more intertwined understand how this could impact survey preparation in your facility
Bonus tools included with your book:
- Sample tracers
- Checklists to help educate staff and prepare for survey
- Sample policies for challenging standards
- Additional customizable tools and forms
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1 – The Joint Commission at a Glance
Chapter 2 – 2011 and 2012 Announced Standards Changes
Chapter 3 – Problematic Standards to Meet
Chapter 4 – Risk Reduction Strategies to Demonstrate Compliance
Chapter 5 – Life Safety Code Compliance for the Non-Engineer*
Chapter 6 – Preparation for Survey
Chapter 7 – After Your Onsite Survey
Chapter 8 – Ongoing Compliance Readiness
Chapter 9 – The Clarification Process
About the Authors:
Jodi L. Eisenberg, MHA, CPHQ, CPMSM, CSHA, is program manager of accreditation and clinical compliance at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago. She is responsible for leading the full range of Joint Commission and other accreditation and regulatory compliance activities.
Jean S. Clark, RHIA, CSHA, is the director of accreditation at Roper Saint Francis Healthcare in Charleston, SC. She has served on The Joint Commission (JCAHO) Standards Review Task Force and the expert panel for the Information Management chapter. A past president of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), she received AHIMA’s Distinguished Member Award and the Volunteer Award. She is the past president of the International Federation of Health Record Organizations (IFHRO).
Would you like to receive The Joint Commission Survey Coordinator's Handbook for FREE? Join the Association for Healthcare Accreditation Professionals (AHAP)!
AHAP is the only association of its kind exclusively for healthcare professionals involved in accreditation. This elite club offers access to the latest tips, tools, and strategies to help you maintain a successful accreditation program and achieve professional growth.
At the introductory rate of $199, a one-year membership to AHAP includes:
- The Joint Commission Survey Coordinator’s Handbook
- Access to AHAP Talk, the members-only talk group
- Quarterly benchmarking reports
- Quarterly working group teleconferences
- Exclusive discounts on HCPro products and the annual AHAP conference.
- Subscriptions to two members-only e-zines: AHAPInsider and AHAP Staff Challenge
Become a member of AHAP today! Visit www.accreditationprofessional.org to join.
Product Types :