Winning With Value-Based Purchasing
AUDIO CONFERENCE ON CD OR ON-DEMAND
Sponsored by: HealthLeaders magazine
Presented on November 17, 2011
Accountability for the cost of care has become very real with the arrival of value-based purchasing (VBP). VBP brings real financial implications in the amount of CMS payment at risk, quality penalties, and the investments required to avoid those penalties.
The stability of your future finances depends on your ability to successfully implement VBP. And if you don’t understand the new rules, it’s hard to play, let alone succeed. Listen to this 60-minute audio conference with VBP experts from Aurora Health Care and Premier for strategies to succeed in the new game.
With this audio conference, you will gain strategies to:
- Identify the measures, risks, and trends in value-based purchasing (VBP)
- Implement VBP best practices to thrive in the changing healthcare landscape
- Calculate the cost of compliance and non-compliance with quality and patient satisfaction measures
- Origins of risk and cost of value-based purchasing (VBP)
- CMS policy and mandate mechanics
- Readmissions penalties
- HAC penalties
- Role of quality and patient experience
- Calculating risk and cost of meaningful use and VBP
- Cost associated with building an action plan to avoid penalties
- 30-day efficiency measures
- Understanding the measures
- Implications of patient experience
- Impact on overall score
- Influence of region on scoring
- Eight measures and drivers to success
- Best practices to meet performance requirement
- Culture and communication
- Change management
- Collection of data
- Examples of specific cases from Aurora experience
Bruce L. Van Cleave, M.D. Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, Aurora Health Care, Milwaukee, WI
A board-certified family practice physician, Van Cleave has a record spanning more than 25 years as a physician and healthcare administrator. He provides clinical leadership for the development, implementation, and evaluation of systemwide care management/quality improvement, healthcare transformation, clinical redesign, academic programs, wellness, credentialing and privileging, and patient safety/risk and oversees Aurora Consolidated Labs. Previously, Van Cleave was president and CEO of Carondelet Health, and prior to that, the executive vice president for clinical and physician services at Trinity Health.
Blair Childs, Senior Vice President of Public Affairs, PremierChilds leads the advocacy and conferences units and serves on the company’s executive team. He works with the Congress, White House, and other policymakers involved in health policy. Childs has been at the center of policy issues for over two decades, playing a leading role on issues impacting devices, pharmaceuticals, insurers, and hospitals. He has held senior management positions in professional, trade, and advocacy associations and a Fortune 50 company.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
CEOs, presidents, CFOs, COOs, CNOs, chief medical officers, administrators, VPs of nursing, quality directors, medical staff directors
New Purchase Option—AUDIO ON–DEMAND
In addition to the regular CD purchase option for HealthLeaders Media audio conferences, we are pleased to offer a new option: on–demand. When you purchase an audio on–demand, you will be able to view the program anywhere and anytime by logging into your account on www.HealthLeadersMedia.com. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff.
Product Types :