Tackle Physician Turnover Costs, Rev Up Recruitment
WEBCAST ON CD OR ON-DEMAND
Sponsored by: HealthLeaders Magazine
Presented on December 20, 2011
Physician turnover can cause millions to walk out your front door. Losing just one physician can mean a $1 million hit to your budget, and most facilities have turnover rates that are much higher. Getting a handle on turnover and understanding the role recruitment plays in the retention process is crucial. Get strategies and techniques to improve your recruiting and reduce your turnover without breaking the bank. Our physician recruitment and retention experts from Indiana University Health and Trinity Mother Francis Health System give you real examples of how their organizations are successfully driving physician recruitment and retention.
Join HealthLeaders Media for a 90-minute webcast and Q&A, featuring Brett Walker, FASPR, director of physician & provider recruiting, at Indiana University Health and J. Gregory Stovall, MD, senior VP of medical affairs for Mother Francis Health System, offering proven techniques and strategies to address your recruitment and retention challenges.
With this webcast, you will gain strategies to:
- Calculate the cost of physician turnover and recruitment for your organization
- Create a proactive recruiting process
- Develop a successful recruitment strategy to meet your short- and long-term goals for physician staffing and costs
- Mastering physician recruitment
- Assessing total cost for recruitment
- Creating a comprehensive physician recruitment strategy
- Proactive vs. reactive recruiting
- Case study: Indiana University Health
- Use of in-house recruiters vs. external recruiters
- Physician networking
- Physician compensation in negotiations
- Role of the interview process on retention and recruitment
- Peer-to-peer interviewing
- Role of the physician champion
- Creating a candidate profile
- Hiring to fit the culture
- Behavioral-based phone screens & interviewing
- Peer-to-peer interviewing
- Mastering the art of physician retention
- Calculating the cost of physician turnover
- Understanding total dollars lost per employee
Brett Walker, Director, Physician & Provider Recruiting, Indiana University Health
Walker possesses over 15 years of physician recruitment experience. He was hired in 2001 to create and develop the in-house Physician Recruitment Program for the system. Walker served a two-year term in 2009-2010 as President of the Association of Staff Physician Recruiters (ASPR), which consists of more than 1,200 physician recruiters across all 50 states and several provinces in Canada. Walker also served as Co-Chairman of the ASPR Benchmark Committee 2008, which helped develop national benchmarks for the physician recruitment industry.
J. Gregory Stovall, MD, Senior Vice President of Medical Affairs and Organization Development, Trinity Clinic, Trinity Mother Frances Health System, Tyler, TX
Stovall served as the Vice President of Medical Affairs for Trinity Clinic for 13 years prior to his promotion to his current position. Stovall's primary responsibilities include provider recruiting and retention strategies, leadership development, mentoring, and corporate culture. Trinity Clinic employs 320 physicians and midlevel practitioners. In addition to his current administrative position, Stovall continues to practice internal medicine at Trinity Clinic.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
CFOs, COOs, CEOs, CMOs, VP Medical Affairs, administrators, physician relations directors, physician executives, physicians, compensation managers, physician recruiters, financial directors, practice managers, medical staff directors
New Purchase Option––WEBCAST ON–DEMAND
In addition to the regular CD purchase option for HealthLeaders Media Webcasts, we are pleased to offer a new option: Webcast on–demand. When you purchase a Webcast on–demand you will be able to view the program anywhere and anytime by logging into your account on www.HealthLeadersMedia.com. It's also a perfect training tool for new staff or as a refresher for veteran staff
Product Types :